Friday, February 8, 2013

There is always something to be thankful for.


1. Working the same night shift with my sister (she is also a pediatric nurse) - it makes work and life more enjoyable.
2. My amazing night shifters (co workers). I often, very often, hear on the floor, "Hey ____, are you doing ok? Do you need any help?" If so, they go out of their way to help out a fellow nurse who may be having a rough night.
3. Cold, sunny mornings in Texas - let's enjoy them while they last!
4. Conversations in the car with my sister on the way home.
5. Breakfast - favorite meal of the day.
6. Quiet time with Jesus.
7. My bed. Need I say more?
8. Being woken up at 1350 by a phone call from my fiance. I can't find the words to say how blessed I am to have him in my life.
9. Sweet phone call from my Daddy with my Mami talking in the background. Classic.
10. A warm shower.
11. Diana cooking lunch for both of us. She places the chicken inside a zip-lock bag and dumps seasoning inside it as she mixes it (a great way to season chicken without the mess). She then proceeds to place the zip-lock bag with the chicken inside it, inside the oven. Our apartment smelled like something was burning. Needless to say, the bag melted. We still ate the chicken. Don't worry, we made sure there was no plastic left overs (now that I think about it, it probably wasn't a very good idea to eat it). It was very funny!
12. Encouraging blogs!
13. A red journal who patiently waits for me to open it and write on it.
14. A warm, quiet apartment.
15. Christian Hymns. ...I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back...
16. Greg's texts while he is at work - even a simple "hello".
17. Lemonade. Goodness.
18. Forgiveness and Grace.
19. My blog.
20. You - my three followers.

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him: tell of all his wonderful acts." 1 Chronicles 16: 8-9.

What are you thankful for today?

Much Love, 
Gabby


5 comments:

  1. what a great blog! :) I love you Gabriela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, what a beautiful list! :)
    I'm so thankful that God loves His children, always. For my family and home. And for music and fun times in the kitchen... the list goes on... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so true, we always always have something to be grateful for :)

    xoxo Jamie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! If you post anonymously, please leave your name in the comment. Thank you!